VariFlight, a leading aviation data technology provider, has released the latest Global Airports and Airlines On-time Performance (OTP) Report for 2018 based on its comprehensive flight database between January 1 and December 31, 2018. The study revealed that in 2018, Japan’s Osaka Itami International Airport (IATA Code: ITM) topped large global airports in on-time departure performance, while Japan Airlines was the most punctual major airline.
The report investigated punctuality (flights that departed or arrived within 30 mins of schedule are taken as on-time) of airports and airlines worldwide in the past year in terms of region and size. Moreover, it also revealed the on-time arrival performances of major airline alliances and the most on-time air routes.
Below are some findings of the report:
- 10 most punctual large airports (departure performance): Itami Airport, New Chitose Airport, Honolulu Airport, Haneda Airport, Portland Airport, Pulkovo Airport, Brasilia Airport, Tocumen Airport, Fukuoka Airport, Osaka Airport.
- 10 most punctual medium-sized airports (departure performance): Kaohsiung Airport, Sendai Airport, Miyazaki Airport, Mohammed V Airport, Kona Airport, Tenerife North Airport, Nagoya Airport, Kagoshima Airport, Kahului Airport, Minsk Airport.
- 10 most punctual major airlines (arrival performance): Japan Airlines, Qatar Airways, All Nippon Airways, Emirates Airlines, Aeroflot Airlines, Royal Dutch Airlines, Iberia Airlines, Alitalia Airlines, Air New Zealand, Korean Air.
- 10 most punctual medium-sized airlines (arrival performance): Copa Air, Hawaiian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, TAM Airlines, Etihad Airways, Volaris, UTair, Bangkok Airways, Avianca Brazil, Royal Air Maroc.
- The most punctual airline alliances: Oneworld, Sky Team, Star Alliance.
- The most punctual air route: New Chitose – Haneda.
Backed by VariFlight’s complete and accurate aviation data set, the VariFlight OTP report is one of the most trusted sources to identify on-time performance of the aviation industry. To read the full report, please click here to download or visit our official website www.variflight.com/en/.
Founded in 2005, VariFlight is the leading brand providing aviation data services. Beginning with the issue of flight delays, VariFlight has spearheaded the realization of flight data transparency. In 2009, VariFlight released the first version of VariFlight mobile application and achieved the milestone of 100% coverage on domestic Chinese flights. VariFlight has started working on international flight data services since 2010, and we have covered 94% of the global commercial flight data by May 2017. VariFlight’s data is used by over 300 million of travelers and thousands of leading businesses around the world. Lean more about us by visiting: www.VariFlight.com